Loading bar gets stuck — Soundation Chrome
Sometimes, when loading the Chrome version of Soundation, the loading bar will get “stuck”, eg at 0% or 99%, and it won’t finish loading. This is due to problems with a Chrome plugin which the Soundation software uses.
What to do:
First, go to the following special URL in a new tab:
(see the screenshot to the right)
- Look for the word: “pnacl”, does it say “version 0.0.0.0”?
- No: click the button below, labeled “Check for Update”. This is the most likely-to-work fix.
- Yes: go to this page,
If there is a button labeled “Relaunch Chrome”, click the button.
If it says “Google Chrome is up to date”, close and re-open Chrome instead.
- If that didn’t work, try restarting your computer.
If none of these work, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is Flash installed and enabled?
We recommend that you use the Chrome version rather than the Flash version, as it’s more advanced and more reliable. However, if you can’t use the Chrome browser for some reason, then you will need to use the Flash version.
Yes, this computer has the required version of Flash installed
Flash is not enabled for this website.
In order to enable or install Flash, please follow the instructions here: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html — this link opens in new window.
IT and ICT Technicians: please call 01273 823 909 between 9.30am and 5pm, or email email@example.com if you have any technical questions about your content filters or firewall that aren’t covered here.
If you run an ISA or other content-filtering firewall, you will need to ensure that in addition to standard web-content types, that you also allow the following file extensions through your firewall (these are all served as standard HTTP GETs on TCP port 80):
- .mp3 (MP3 audio)
- .mp4 (MPEG video)
- .swf (Adobe Flash)
- .flv (Adobe Flash Video)
- .svg (Scalable Vector Graphics)
We make the assumption that you are already allowing the following standard and de-facto standard web filetypes through your firewall:
- .html (HTML files – and all text/html MIME type files)
- .css (Cascading Stylesheet)
- .xml (XML)
- .pdf (Adobe PDF)
- .gif (GIF image)
- .jpg (JPEG image)
- .png (PNG image)
Our resources use a variety of different filetypes to drive them. School networks are often configured to block mp3 and occasionally mp4 files.
If some of the resources don’t appear to be playing back audio, you can use this section to check for yourself if the school network is blocking mp3, mp4 or midi files.
- Testing a sample mp3 file… it looks like mp3s are not blocked, but please check the links below to be sure.mp3s are currently blocked
- Testing a sample mp4 file… it looks like mp4s (video) are not blocked, but please check the links below to be sure.mp4s (video) are currently blocked
Click each of the following links and see if you see a “Content Blocked” style screen (in which case you’ll need to unblock them) or if they play, download or open a media player, then there’s no blocking going on.
When configuring computers for access to the website, please also consider user roles. The administrative login you may be using might have different permissions to a regular staff or pupil login. Teacher and pupil logins must be able to access all the file types listed on this page.
- Sample MP3 and MP4 file on this website
- Sample MP3 and MP4 file on our main VIP Sessions site
- Sample MP3 and MP4 file on our CDN host #1
- Sample MP3 and MP4 file on our alternate CDN host #1
- Sample MP3 and MP4 file on our alternate CDN host #2
- Sample MP3 and MP4 file on our alternate CDN host #3
- Sample MP3 and MP4 file on our alternate CDN host #4
- Sample MIDI file on Soundation
The following list of domains should all be unblocked to allow Vip Sessions and Soundation to work properly on your school’s network: